Supporting Wellness Court Participants and Staff During COVID-19 Pandemic
The Tribal Law and Policy Institute (TLPI) in partnership with the Center for Court Innovation (CCI) will host a webinar providing guidance for Tribal Healing to Wellness Court programs in adapting treatment court operations during the COVID-19 crisis. A panel of Healing to Wellness Court practitioners will share how they have modified program operations in response to tribal, federal, state, and local mandates.
The webinar is scheduled for 2 hours:
- For the first 30 minutes, the Tribal Law and Policy Institute and Center for Court Innovation staff will present information on priority responses to COVID-19, the use of technology, and Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) grant updates related to COVID-19;
- The following 60 minutes will be reserved for panelists to share their experiences and program modifications related to court operations, treatment services, client engagement, and communication;
- The last 30 minutes will be reserved for questions from webinar participants directed to panelists;
- Unanswered questions will be used to inform a follow-up online event to provide a more in-depth sharing of modified Wellness Court practices as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- PowerPoint: Supporting Wellness Court Participants and Staff During COVID-19
- Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program Solicitation FY 2020 Formula Grant Solicitation
- Considerations for Crisis Centers and Clinicians in Managing the Treatment of Alcohol or Benzodiazepine Withdrawal during the COVID-19 Epidemic: March 19, 2020
- Treatment Courts and COVID-19: What to Consider During a Pandemic
- Emergency Grants to Address Mental and Substance Use Disorders During COVID-19
- Online and Virtual Recovery Support Resource List
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Tribal Law and Policy Institute (TLPI) COVID-19 Resources
- Wellness Courts COVID-19 Resources
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) COVID-19 Resources for Treatment Courts
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules regarding telehealth during COVID-19 National Emergency
- National Training System for Treatment Court Practitioners
- National Drug Court Resource Center: Join the Rural Court listserv
- Center for Court Innovation (CCI): Weekly check ins for court practitioners to discuss responses to domestic violence
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergroup: online meetings.
- A-CHESS: Comprehensive Health Enhancement Support System: free app provides relapse prevention, peer connection, content and support.
- Connections: a free smartphone app to support patients in recovery and promoting pro-social engagement. In partnership with CHESS Health.
- In the Rooms: offer a sober online community with online meetings. Members have access to over 130 live online meetings with many fellowships.
Presenters: Precious Benally, Healing to Wellness Court Specialist, Tribal Law and Policy Institute, Kristina Pacheco, Tribal Wellness Court Specialist, ribal Law and Policy Institute and David Lucas, Senior Program Manager, Treatment Programs at the Center for Court Innovation
Panelist: Rosemary Manrique, Healing to Wellness Court Coordinator/Case Manager, Pueblo of Santa Ana Healing to Wellness Court and Christine Sisneros, Healing to Wellness Court Coordinator, Pueblo of Laguna Court